In the heat of the design process it is easy to let go of your ambition to design beautiful slides. Take a break, flip through a design coffee table book, and remember why work by great graphics designers looks so great.
- White space, even if that means smaller font size
- Custom fonts (if technology allows it)
- Font weights (very thin, very heavy)
- Font color (black, grey shades)
- Words per line, where to break a line
- Positioning of text on the canvas
- Artistic, subtle, instead of blunt photography
- Minimal use of colours
- Leading between lines
- Take it easy on drop shadows, gradients, and reflections
Nothing is rocket science here, just trying, and trying, until you have found out why it somehow does not look right...