The first slide of a presentation is even more difficult to construct than the last one. The worst introduction slide is a list of bullets that tells the entire presentation story - in a boring way. Because the presenter wants to be quick, generic, hollow statements are used:
- "we have a great team
- "we will have $100m revenues in 3 years"
- "our architecture is scalable and flexible"
- Who are you? People are trying to figure you out in the first seconds
- What is this company about "roughly"
- A teaser or interesting story that gets the audience interested in hearing the actual presentation