The best hardware purchase decision I have made over the past year. Large computer monitors are not a toy or an executive perk anymore but a real boost of productivity.
- Easier to design PowerPoint slides with big images
- Space to open multiple applications and copy things across (Excel data into a PowerPoint bar chart)
- No need to print - easy to read facing pages of A4 (Word, PDF)
- No need to print - dozens of Excel columns open at the same time
- Building and debugging Excel models in 50% of the time
- Less strain on the eyes
- Faster Internet searches
- Faster search through hundreds of stock images
- Easier to design slides for the 16:9 screen
I cannot believe that I actually built most of my Excel models at McKinsey on a 13" laptop screen.