Reading through a web site with guidelines for designing web pages for dyslexic users, I realized how valuable these recommendations can be for any audience, not just people with this condition.
This is a PowerPoint presentation design guide 101:
- Choose a big, san-serif font
- Avoid capitalization
- Apply a calm background, no watermarks
- Don't righ-justify text
- Minimize use of italics
- Keep things short, write in a simple style
- Use bullets (if you have to), don't write proze
- Refer to the reader as "you"
- Stick to narrow columns, text lines
- Use pictures