More and more of my presentations start to use video, and my preferred format for emailing/Dropboxing decks is PDF, so how do you insert a video in PDF? It is easy with Adobe Acrobat X:
- Save your presentation (PowerPoint or Keynote) as a PDF without the video
- Open the deck in Acrobat X and select tools at the top right
- Select multimedia, select video, and draw where your video should go with the cross hairs
- Select the video file, or insert a YouTube link (I went for the first option, the video size was below 10MB)
- Select advanced options, and select use poster image from file to pick the right cover
- Click done
The investment bankers of a recent client insisted on the traditional Executive Summary to send to potential investors. I used this video and a 3 column dense text layout to turn a boring bullet point list into a nice looking one page document meant for reading and watching.
Unfortunately, the video does not (yet) play on an iPad...