Here is a question I was asked to answer on Quora:
"I heard a famous silicon valley investor saying that "the investors and the VCs are able to see if there is something going on through a bad pitch". That being said, why should the entrepreneur care about having a good pitch?"
Here is my answer:
- Not all investors are like that
- Seeing through a bad pitch is especially hard when you are cold emailing someone a deck without explanation, Q&A
- You probably also need to the pitch to recruit people, strategic partners, maybe even customers
- Building on 3, settling for mediocre is not a good way to start creating an exciting company culture for the years to come
- The pitch is likely to be the basis for other marketing collaterals: web sites, brochures, etc. etc.
Image by Wystan on Flickr