In the middle of the house and office declutter exercise, I found my credit card-sized reminder of things I should work on which I wrote after a communication training at McKinsey, back in 1996 when I just returned from INSEAD:
- Avoid the "Napoleon hand", I seemed to have difficulty finding a natural position for my right hand
- Finish a point completely before jumping into the next slide / topic
- Introduce a slide before putting it up (McKinsey data slides can be overwhelming)
- Maintain eye contact with the audience
- Use a loud (maybe confident?) voice
I think I had a few strengths as well, but did not bother to write them down (I hope :-) ).
That little card might survive the declutter tornado.