Slowly, slowly, I am moving closer to the goal of creating a searchable slide bank bank that is actually useful. Here are the various steps that I have gone through:
- Designing a slide template that looks good/professional AND blends in easily with existing corporate PowerPoint templates
- Creating a "boxy" design language that is easy to manipulate and edit, even for non-designers
- Cutting down the universe of slides to come to a collection of basic slides that can cover almost every possible common business concept that is out there
- Anticipate the majority of possible search queries to find layouts for every possible angle
- And now: find a smart grouping slides that creates a really smart way of suggesting related/similar slides
Below is an example of a product page in the store now:
Now that I have automated subscriptions, plus sorted out the search algorithms it is time to clear the last automation hurdle: VAT management globally for both consumer and enterprise customers (the EU has created a nightmare for small digital content stores as it is going after tech giants such as Apple). After that, all attention will be focussed on adding more slide content.