This slide looks like it came straight out of the consulting report that preceded the decision to make the changes. There are a number of things that can be improved:
- The look & feel does not match Citrix' clean black and white corporate identity
- The slide uses a standard Microsoft PowerPoint smart object, with "dirty" gradients
- No attention has been given to typography: "H2'16" is orphaned on a 2nd line, the light boxes are too narrow to contain 3 lines of text
- Messages are repeated on the left and right side of the chart
- There is a cause and effect relationship in the chart (we do this and get ROC in return) that is not reflected in the way it is laid out.
- The headline is a but woolly.
I tried to fix these issues in this quick makeover in my presentation app SlideMagic. I kept the 30% margin and $200 cost cut info in the business model optimisation box, although you could argue that that is an outcome of the strategy as well. A true business model optimisation would be "price increases" or something.