PowerPoint is used for many things in today's corporations:
- Quickly write documents for internal use
- Maintain the competitor intelligence database
- A tool to draw the system architecture diagram
- Organize your thoughts, make a work plan
- Brainstorm ideas live in a group
- Logo / design concept prototype
- A UI spec (that’s how I used for SlideMagic)
- Big stand up presentation to outsiders - big audience
- Big stand up presentation to insiders - big audience
- Big stand up presentation to outsiders - conference room
- Big stand up presentation to insiders - conference room
- One-on-one "coffee chat"
- Document for reading for outsiders
- Document for reading for insider
To name a few. We get problems when we confuse the application and the target audience. A project status update on the overhead of the big annual industry conference, pretty pictures without explanations when you want your budget approved by the CEO.